Thursday, 15 May 2014

4th Anniversary Blog

Bluebell wood at Moelfre, Powys

Well, here we are again – another year of WWOOFing under my belt! I can't quite believe that I have now completed four years of this nomadic lifestyle as I only originally intended doing it for a year!

I was going to do a resume of everywhere I'd been but its very similar to last year, so I thought I'd give you some 'stats' instead!

Number of new WWOOF hosts I've visited this year = 0

Number of previous WWOOF hosts I've visited this year = 4

Number of weeks farm/house-sitting (therefore on my own) = 15

Number of weeks over-wintering in Cheltenham = 20

Number of weeks actually WWOOFing = 52 – (20 + 15) = 17

Number of weddings attended = 0

Number of funerals attended = 1

Number of book launches attended = 1

Number of festivals attended = 1

Well, I think that's enough of that – it doesn't make very edifying reading! Far too much time spent on my own, far too long spent being (relatively) idle in Cheltenham and a very narrow range of WWOOF hosts visited – things will have to improve/change if I'm to continue doing this for another year!

I think I'll leave it at that for now and write another blog shortly about my latest stay near Oswestry.




Rhododendron bloom, Moelfre, Powys

No comments:

Post a Comment