Today, the 15th May 2012 sees the second anniversary of the start of my WWOOFing adventure! I can’t believe that I am now about to start my third year of WWOOFing. Since this time last year I have:
• Spent the summer in Scotland at 5 different WWOOF hosts (and experienced torrential rain at all of them!)
• Spent the autumn in Wales at 5 different WWOOF hosts
• Learned to drive a tractor
• Hand-milked goats in South Wales
• Learned the art of stock fencing
• Stayed in a Scottish stately home and a Scottish castle
• Met Emma Thompson
• Worked in several walled gardens (mainly in Scotland)
• Visited the Glenfiddich distillery and sampled its products!
• Returned to a couple of my WWOOF hosts for yet another stay
• Done some hand spinning in South Wales
• Learned to use a peg loom to weave woollen rugs from unprocessed fleece
• Trimmed the feet of many sheep (and goats)
• Seen my first red squirrels in the wild
• Met some fantastic and inspirational people
• Seen the most spectacular scenery
• And, of course, done more weeding than is probably good for me!
I have had a wonderful year and go into my third year with no immediate intention of giving up – in fact, I may have a new career in farm-sitting if my latest venture goes well!
Again, thank you to all who read my blogs and continue to send me words of encouragement – the only downside to this lifestyle is the lack of contact that I have with my nearest and dearest, so emails make me feel a little more connected.
Year 3 here I come!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Brilliant Jan!!!
ReplyDeleteBut you have forgotten the hedgelaying - hedge is looking very good. (this blog needs a signature to comment and this is not my name!)