It's been a spell of lovely weather for the last few days - not really the type of weather to be working indoors with wood, hammer and nails - but needs must, as they say. Harvey and I have taken advantage of the beautiful mornings this weekend and gone on a short round walk up to where the 'secret primroses' are, but now there are cowslips out as well and all the hawthorn buds are bursting open and the blackthorn is all coming out in blossom. This morning our path was crossed by a fox carrying a large 'something' in his/her mouth, obviously a successful night's hunting! We also saw the pheasant cock with his harem of three - it was only two yesterday but as I saw him trounce his neighbour perhaps he has acquired his female, too.
Yesterday evening I took the bull by the horns and finally rang two of my potential wwoof hosts who had not responded to the email I sent out on the 8th. Both of them were really lovely and I have ended up with an almost-definite booking for some (all?) of June and two weeks at the beginning of October - just wish I could find somewhere for July and August, but these are obviously the most popular times of year and also some wwoof hosts don't host during the school summer holidays. However, I shall keep on plugging on - so far all my hosts are located in Gloucestershire - so much for working my way round the UK, at this rate it could take several years!
The DIY is gradually progressing but was interrupted on Friday, when I went to Shepton Mallet to buy a webcam and then met up with Dave for lunch in Wells (very lovely to spend some quality time with him), and then again today when I returned to Argos at Shepton Mallet to exchange the Microsoft webcam that said it worked with Skype (obviously, they are wrong!) for a Philips one, which appears, in theory, to work with Skype, but it hasn't been used for real, yet. Yesterday, the DIY did not go well and I managed to clout my knuckle several times in the same place with the rather meaty and well-named lump hammer! Today.............so far, so good, but it is only lunchtime and I've got a particularly challenging bit of T & GV cladding to tackle this afternoon. Wish me luck..............and lots of patience!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment